Mornings

I'm not a morning person, though I'd like to be. They always seem to be a struggle. Most days I'd rather sleep through them, emerging for coffee around eight or so, and easing into the day slowly, ready to leave the house by around 10. Instead, the alarms drags me forth at 6:08 and into the bustling day. If I pause to breathe into the day slowly I'm mired in my pool of smooth, timeless, gradual awakening. This ALWAYS results in a frantic rush to make up for lost time and my daughter counting down the number of minutes we're going to be late for school if we don't make every single light (there's only 3). And so...
Up. Stumble to kitchen. Attempt not to wake child. Tea/coffee. Lunches made. Wake child. Cajole into shower. Dress. Make suggests for child's clothes (soundly rejected despite pleading me to help 'choose'). Cajole child to breakfast. Eat (maybe). Gather a mountain of gear required to get child and self through day. Walk dog. Gear to car. We're off.
Do it all again tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been some time...

Home and new normal