- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Popular posts from this blog
In our arms at last
Finn is here with us and we are so happy to all be together finally. He had one big cry session when we first came back to the apartment but since then has settled in very well. He loves Amelia and wants to be wherever she is. He seems very content and happy and is very big. Between his belly rolls and his leg rolls you can't find his diaper to undo it if he's sitting. Mama's gonna get a workout! When he's squirmy it's all I can do to hang on to him. Amelia has been great with him and only a little jealous at bedtime. We're all tired but happy. The foster mother gave us all his clothes (which is good 'cause I'm pretty sure most of the ones I brought will be too small) so we're off to buy another suitcase to pack them in tomorrow. We're having a great time here in Seoul - saw the changing of the guard today at a palace (totally by chance) and are hoping to do some sightseeing tomorrow if we can carry Finn that far. We're looking forward to bei...
It's been some time...
I still don't know if anyone really reads the musings here, but some encouraging words from a friend prompted me to get my fingers moving. It's been a bit of a wild ride these past weeks and I'm just starting to catch my breath. January was a blur - I thought I was really prepared for G to be away again, but my optimism proved to be wildly misleading and so the first month was a slog. It seemed I couldn't get ahead of life enough to look up and see what was coming next. Then in mid-February, just as we were adjusting to him being home again for a few weeks, we got news of a new addition to our family. The 'telling' suddenly seemed like an overwhelming prospect. Adoption is like that I suppose... every milestone is met with anticipation and excitement, but also the prospect of responding to dozens of well-meaning questions about the whole process. We were also really aware of wanting to share the news with Amelia in a way that supported her processing it before ...
Comments